Now that it's officially December and the holiday season is in full swing, it's time to start checking people off your gift list. To help you out, we've put together two handy gift guides: 1) $50 and under and 2) $100 and under. Whether you're shopping for your classy mom, edgy sister, or trendy best friend, these gifts are sure to please!
1. These Matte Liquid Leggings ($40) are the perfect piece to wear when you want to look edgy and cool but feel like you're still wearing your pajamas. If you're looking for a gift for your favorite trendsetter, these leggings are the perfect pick! Please note, they do run one full size small.
2. This Royal Blue Crossbody ($48) is bright, compact, and made of beautiful vegan leather. The environmentally conscious lady on your list will certainly approve! It's also available in black, red, and yellow.
3. We love this Teal Wool Panama Hat ($42) because it's a classic piece that will never go out of style (it's also available in black). Also, it's one of those hats that somehow looks great on everyone.
4. If you need a gift for someone you don't know very well, these Pink Ruffled Texting Gloves ($36) are ideal. Who isn't obsessed with their smartphone these days?
5. This Dove Grey Zip Clutch Wallet ($45) is definitely at the top of my gift list. It has 12 credit card slots, plenty of zippered compartments, and a handy wrist strap that ensures you won't accidentally leave it somewhere.
6. Any girl that likes to make a statement deserves to have our Frost Yourself Necklace ($40). It looks great with everything but we especially love it tucked under the collar of a classic silk blouse.
1. This Electric Avenue Bag ($98) is a great gift for the student on your list. It's stylish, sturdy, and big enough for all of the school day essentials. It also comes with a crossbody strap to make carrying it even easier.
2. We order this Square Green Onyx Gold Plated Ring ($68) every year and it always sells out. Whether you're shopping for a girlfriend, mom, or lady friend, it's sure to please. It also looks great when stacked with our other semi-precious rings.
3. Our favorite piece of the season might be these It's a Wrap Earrings in Gold Pyrite ($95). They're delicate but funky and handmade right here in Brooklyn, NY! These also come in a variety of other stones: Apatite, Ruby, Spinel, and Sterling Silver.
4. Treat your sweetheart to this Sweet Tart Necklace in Ruby ($60). It's simple enough to suit every style but also very vibrant and visually interesting. This piece is also made in Brooklyn, NY and available in Grey Mystique.
5. I bought my mom this leather Mustard Change Clutch ($85) last year and she still uses it every day. With a magnetic closure and hidden pockets galore, this is the smartest bag we've seen in a while.
6. If you have no idea what to get someone, we recommend this Forever Yours Bracelet in Labradorite & Ruby ($80). It's handmade in Brooklyn, NY and will make a great addition to any arm party! It also comes in several different stone combinations: Tourmaline & Carnelian, Tourmaline & Green Onyx, and Tourmaline & Moonstone.
Happy shopping & good luck finding the perfect gift!
Opening and remodeling our 5th Avenue space was a big project, but it gave us the opportunity to turn the store into a place that is in direct alignment with our design aesthetic. Above all, Teddy strives to bring women affordable, creative fashion that is stylish and on-trend but still fun and whimsical. We really want all of our stores to reflect our motto and the new Park Slope location is the first to truly do so.
After the successful opening of Teddy on 5th, we decided to extend the process and renovate our Smith Street store. Our goals were to make the aesthetic the same as Teddy on 5th and to fix some issues that customers had previously brought to our attention. We wanted to make the shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible. Like the 5th Avenue location, Smith Street now has a large accessory wall that makes it effortless to shop for gifts. Whether you want a cozy scarf for your Nana or a cool bag for your BFF, all of the options are right in front of you! Shopping one wall is much easier than combing through several different shelves and racks in order to find what you need.
We also listened to our customers and put bigger, nicer mirrors in the fitting rooms and made sure that our exterior mirror was well lit. We also expanded our jewelry selection to include four cases of various pieces at multiple price points along with two cases of Lucy Dalton Jewelry, handmade in Brooklyn. In addition, the Smith Street location is now able to accept custom jewelry orders for Lucy Dalton. For example, if you're looking for a gift and see a piece of jewelry that you like but want with a different stone or a longer chain, simply ask the sales associate and she will get you whatever you need.
Last, but not least, the new Smith Street location includes more merchandise - multiple color variations, more sizes, and different brands (old staples like Ya and BB Dakota along with some new vendors such as Wasabi + Mint and West 36th). Don't think of the new store as a replacement for Lucia... think of it as a superstore! It really is the perfect combination of old and new :)
P.S. Our UWS store on 226 Columbus Avenue will also receive a facelift this month. Stay tuned!
Thanksgiving, Christmas, and chilly weather are right around the corner and we have been stocking up on essential pieces to get you all through the holiday season. For the past few years, we have been absolutely obsessed with hats. In the summer, we rock our favorite straw floppies but once fall hits we pull out our wool fedoras and never look back. In our opinion, this style looks great on absolutely everyone and we love the variety of colors and different adornments that are available. The teal and black hats that are available online are universally flattering and will look great with everything in your closet. If you're looking for more of a variety, stop into one of our stores to peruse a rainbow of colors (along with some wool floppy hats and knit beanies)!
Another one of our favorite new arrival accessories is the infinity scarf (also known as the figure 8 or circle scarf). While we do think it's important to have a few heavier knit options, we like these lightweight pieces because they transition through every season and aren't so heavy that they need to be removed when indoors. Also, they come in a variety of awesome prints (seriously, how cute are the moose and elephants) and colors.
We hate to admit it, but shopping isn't always fun. For example, we loathe shopping for jeans, bathing suits, and bras. Shopping for holiday party dresses, however, is an absolute blast. This season, we're in love with holographic and metallic materials that either a) go well with chunky statement necklaces or b) have unique necklines. Bold pieces like this are great because they make it easier to get away with very minimal hair and make-up. When your dress is the star of the show, there's no need for a smokey cat eye and crazy up-do!