Got the winter blues??? Can't figure out how to escape fast enough??? Even though spring is technically just a few weeks away, it feels more like it will never actually arrive. Here at Teddy, we're all about escaping the winter chill and getting out of town! You only live once, so why not run to the airport and head to a place where tropical drinks and sandy beaches are always on the menu. In case you're stumped on where to go, we have a few suggestions for you. And hey, if you can't make it happen this year, there's always next winter!
1. Florida -- We recommend pretty much anywhere coastal. The East of West side works great. If Miami suits you, don't forget to stop by the Delano and grab a cosmo by the pool. If the gulf side is more your speed, try Indian Rocks Beach, Sanibel Island, or Anna Marie Island. One of our staff's personal faves is heading over to Anna Marie Island and crashing beachside at one of the many bungalows that line its powdery white beach.
2. Eleuthera -- Never heard of it? It's a small, quiet, and always tropical Bahamian Island.
3. Turks and Caicos -- Now that there are tons of direct flights, it couldn't be easier. Anywhere in Providentiales (Provo) works. A cold day here is in the lows 80s.
4. Dominican Republic -- Tons of direct flights and many all-inclusives (if that's your thing).
5. Cancun -- Forever sunny and tons of options, almost all with beach front views.
If you're lucky enough to follow our advice and get the hell out of dodge, don't forget to pack these beach essentials:
These pieces are all easy to pack and effortless to wear. Combine any of these with your favorite swim suit + beach tote and you're all set for a day of sand, sun, and fun :)
Here's to hoping for sunny weather in 2014... PLEASE.
One fashion trend we can't get enough of right now is minimalism. Lately, all of our re-blogs on Tumblr and Pinterest are of really cool girls with super simple, streamlined style. While we truly do love prints, statement necklaces, and embellishments, there's something refreshing and beautiful about simplicity. We love the idea of tossing on a pair of boyfriend jeans, a white v-neck tee, and a gold bar necklace and calling it a day.
As many of you probably know, Lucy Dalton (co-owner of Teddy) started her own jewelry line around this time last year. We love her pieces because they're beautiful, organic, and look great layered or on their own. For the true minimalist, she has several plain gold pieces in a variety of geometric shapes (triangles, squares, circles, chevrons, teardrops, etc). Those not quite prone to such simplicity also have plenty of semi precious options to choose from. Blue chalcedony, turquoise, labradorite, lapis, and ruby are just a few of the gorgeous and colorful stones from the current collection.
While none of the pieces above are available online just yet, be sure to check back next week! We have about 30 brand new styles that we can't wait for you to see :)
We were so happy to see spring colors and styles at the February 2014 FAME trade show at the Javits Center in NYC. It's currently 25 degrees here in Brooklyn, but we know that those balmy 70 degree days are right around the corner and we want to be prepared! To help you keep up to date, we decided to list the top 10 trends spring trends that we saw at the show.
1. Bright florals. We know this one isn't exactly groundbreaking, but it's still worth mentioning. This year, we saw lots of floral maxi dresses, sheer floral blouses, and flower accented jewelry.
2. Boho prints & 70's inspired styles. Flowy, sheer pieces are still quite popular this season and 70's trends like jumpsuits and flared, printed pants are making a big comeback.
3. Nautical EVERYTHING. Jewelry, clothes, accessories... you can get basically anything in a nautical print these days. Right now, we have a ton of anchor necklaces, bracelets, and earrings in stores. In the next few weeks, you can expect to see printed blouses and breton striped shirts.
4. Graphic t-shirts. Express yourself, ladies! If you're a huge Breakfast at Tiffany's fan, opt for a printed shirt layered underneath a cool leather jacket. In our opinion, nothing is better than using your wardrobe to start a conversation :)
5. Faux leather dresses and shirts. Embrace animal friendly pieces this spring! Real leather can be nice but it's really expensive. If you're buying something trendy like a studded jacket or laser cut shift dress, faux leather is a cruelty free, budget friendly option!
6. Girly pastels. These colors aren't just for Easter! Instead of buying another black leather jacket, why not opt for a cool faux leather piece in baby blue?
7. Wide leg trousers. Comfort is the name of the game this season and we couldn't be happier.
8. Turquoise accent pieces. Statement necklaces, crossbody bags, headbands, you name it! All of these pieces are cooler in turquoise.
9. Fringe. Bags, crop tops, and scarves are all better with a little fringe.
10. Embellished details. Tops with jeweled shoulders, beaded sweaters, and gem encrusted necklaces are all totally on trend for spring 2014.
The three pieces above are a few favorites that you can expect to see in stores this month! Let use know which is your favorite via Facebook or Twitter.